From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse wave analysis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm having a little trouble with this VI that I'm working on and I'm hoping someone could help me. What I'm trying to do is detect the two peaks from a pulse wave measurement file. Each pulse cycle has two peaks and I want to get the times of the peaks. I can get the first higher peak, but I can't seem to get the time for the second peak, which you can see in waveform chart 2. That is the only thing I need to get and I appreciate whoever can help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,844 Views)

I have a few questions before I can help.

First

Peak Question.png

Second

I see a significat difference between the raw data and the filtered data. It seems to me that there would be a big difference in the result if you use filtered data. Is this the intention?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,825 Views)

To your first question, yes I am looking for those two peaks.

And I don't mean to use the filtered data to get the numbers, I was filtering it to get the data leveled and to look nicer. But the numbers of the peak should come from that graph. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,820 Views)

Here is something that is finding what you are looking for. I can explain it if you have questions.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,817 Views)

Ah I wasn't able to open it cause I have labview version 2009

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,814 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,812 Views)

Thank you! I've been looking at it and I'm glad it does what I need it to do. So I understand that the locations it gives out corresponds to the peak values, if you wanted to change the scaling to time (since the data file is for 25 seconds long) how would that work?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,807 Views)

You would have to change the dt in the wave for to the sample rate or you would have to plot on XY graph with the time intervals.

I added an XY graph see attached.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,805 Views)

Oh alright I got it. For the array displaying the locations of the peak then, is there a way to make them correspond with those values on that graph.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,802 Views)

is this what you are looking to do?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,795 Views)