From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Generator Output

Hello,

I have a very straight forward question. I have a pulse generator 33250A. I am just trying to create a simple waveform output from the attached labview code.

I was wondering if there is anyway to see the output waveform from the pulse generator in a waveform graph itself in LABVIEW? I can see it in an external oscilloscope. But I want to see it in a waveform graph itself in the LABVIEW code because the oscilloscope is pretty old and it cannot go to more than 1MHz. It would be really great if someone can tell me how to read the data from the output vi of the pulse generator. Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(700 Views)

The same way you generated a pulse (that you could read with an oscilloscope, so it was represented as a time-varying voltage), you can "see the output waveform" if you have hardware capable of sampling the time-varying voltage signal at a sufficiently fast rate.

I just looked at the code you attached, and can't really see/understand the Pulse, and why your scope (which "only goes up to 1 MHz") can't visualize the signal.  Most of the functions that you use aren't visible in the attached code (they look like grey boxes with large grey question marks in them), but your Front Panel talks about a Pulse Width of 1 sec with an amplitude of 1 V (not hard for a scope to show), and a 1 kHz sinusoid ("Pulse generator"?), also not a problem for your scope.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(656 Views)