From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish FFT graphs on Data Dashboard Labview

Hi

I would like to ask how to publish FFT graphs on data dashboard Labview. What is the data type to be selected in the shared variable in the library section? as there is no options as 'cluster' data type in the shared variable.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,275 Views)

It looks like you used variant which is a perfectly valid type to pass.  You just have to make sure the read knows what it is expecting and then to a Variant to Data to get it back to the cluster.

You can also select From Custom Control .... when you choose the shared variable type.  If you create a control, or better yet a typedef control of that FFT cluster and save the file, you can pick that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,196 Views)

Hi 

Thanks for your help but I don't understand the 2nd part of your message.

Other than variant data type selected in the shared variable, is there any other data type I could use? 

Creating a custom control, does it mean creating another VI to control the readings from FFT in cluster form data type? 

Help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,183 Views)

Do you know what a control type of file is in LabVIEW and typedef controls?  It is a custom control you save.  If not, take some tutorials.

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  If you look below variant, you can see you can select a custom control file.  When you pick that, you select the .ctl file you made from the control or indicator you made from the FFT wire.  I highly recommend saving that control as a Typedef.

Capture

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,173 Views)

hi 

I know what a control type file and typedef is. I am using LabVIEW 2019. I have no idea how to go about creating the .ctl file control or indicator I made from the FFT. My intention is to show the graph of FFT on the data dashboard on iPAD. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,169 Views)

I have no idea how you can know what a typedef is and not know how to create a .ctl file.  In order to have a typedef, it needs to be saved as a ctl.

Here:  Step by Step.

1.  Right click on the pink cluster.  Create Indicator.

2.  Right click on indicator.   Make Typedef.  (now you'll see it has a black triangle in corner)

3.  Right click on indiator.  Open Tyepdef.

4.  (Optional)  File >> control properties.  Give it some meaningful documentation.

5.  (Optional)  Double click the icon to edit it so it isn't some the generic control icon.

6.  File >> Save with a filename that is meaningful.

Now when you select the custom control in the dialog box, you can select the file saved in step 6.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,157 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your help, I managed to finish control file. However, I can't see the shared variable, in this case x-axis as I am only working on x-axis for the time being, on my iPad. Could you please advice? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,153 Views)

Zip up your project folder and attach it.   Show a screen shot of what you mean when you say you can't see the shared variable.

It is impossible help when there is nothing to look at.

If the project is too large, or if it is proprietary information you don't want to have seen in the public, then create a simple project that implements a library and shared variable of the typedef control.  Zip that up and attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,123 Views)