LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property node of the add item in tree

As the attached screen, may I know the syntax of the input parameter of 'Parent Tag'.

It seems sometime it works, sometime not. Any suggestion, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,453 Views)

Unique tag of the item under which you want to add the new item. The default is an empty string, which adds the item to the highest level in the hierarchy.

So it means it's the tag of the item where it belongs to :

- Controls

- numerics

numeric control

numeric indicator

- booleans

push button

round led

if you take a look at the small tree above (which is an example), then the parent tag for "numeric control" would be "numerics"

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
Message 2 of 7
(4,449 Views)

Thanks, may I know the what should be the input of the 'Child Tag'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,446 Views)

child tag is the new tag of an item you wish to add underneath a parent.

Make sure all the tags are unique.

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
Message 4 of 7
(4,444 Views)

May I know usually how does tag used.

Also, as the attached screen, if the 'child only' has been checked, I will not be able to add new items any more. May I know why.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,441 Views)

Parent Tag Unique tag of the item under which you want to add the new item. The default is an empty string, which adds the item to the highest level in the hierarchy.

Child Position Sets where to place the new item in relation to the item whose tag you wire to Parent Tag. Wire a value of 0 (default) to place the new item directly under the parent item. Wire a value of 1 to place the new item under the first child item, a value of 2 to place the new item under the second child item, and so on. Wire a value of –1 to place the new item under the last child item. If the value you wire to this input is greater than the number of child items under the parent item, the method places the new item under the last child item.

Left Cell String Text to display in the leftmost cell for the new item. The default is an empty string.

Child Text Array of strings to display in the remaining cells for the new item. The default is an array of empty strings.

Child Tag Unique tag for the new item. The default is the string you wire to Left Cell String. If an existing tag already uses that string, LabVIEW appends a number to the string to create a unique tag for the new item. You cannot create a tag that begins with TREE_. All tags that begin with TREE_ are reserved for use by LabVIEW. If the tag you wire to the method begins with TREE_, LabVIEW prepends an underscore (_) to create a valid tag for the new item. If the tag you wire to the method begins or ends with white space, LabVIEW removes the white space.

Child Only? If TRUE, you cannot indent other items under the new item. The default is FALSE. This property is similar to the Child-Only Item item on the shortcut menu of a tree control.

I do not understand your first question Alex.  I'm sorry

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Message 6 of 7
(4,438 Views)

Alex,

I've created an easy example on how to populate a tree control.  I've tried to document every step.  If you still don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.

In attachment you find the VI's.  Open up the MainTree.vi and check it out 😉

TreeControl.PNG

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Message 7 of 7
(4,436 Views)