LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Nodes Labview NXG

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok so I started playing with labview nxg looking at the properties for specific controls and indicators a lot of them are missing. E.g. The property "plot.name" for a waveform graph, but its missing in NXG, is this something that will be added in the future or am I looking for it in the wrong place?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OA1

You likely are looking in the right place.  NI has said they are prioritizing properties and methods of UI controls, and implementing the functions people use the most.  This will likely mean feature parity with LabVIEW 2017 won't be for a while.  If you notice that a missing property or method means you can't port an application to NXG, be sure and bug NI in the hopes it will move up their priority list. 

Also property nodes don't exist at all for WebVIs in NXG yet.  So something as simple as hiding a control isn't supported without various work arounds yet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,385 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

You likely are looking in the right place.  NI has said they are prioritizing properties and methods of UI controls, and implementing the functions people use the most.  This will likely mean feature parity with LabVIEW 2017 won't be for a while.  If you notice that a missing property or method means you can't port an application to NXG, be sure and bug NI in the hopes it will move up their priority list. 

Also property nodes don't exist at all for WebVIs in NXG yet.  So something as simple as hiding a control isn't supported without various work arounds yet.

This implies that NI felt that LabVIEW developers rarely used the CAPTION property???

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,379 Views)

@billko wrote:

@Hooovahh

This implies that NI felt that LabVIEW developers rarely used the CAPTION property???

I can't say that.  I can say one of two things.  Either NI saw that other properties like Visible, and Disable were used much more often than Caption and therefore needed to be prioritized, with Caption coming later (so caption isn't rare just less common)...or NI made a decision to not support Caption and wanted to go in another direction giving similar functionality in another way that may or may not be in NXG today.  Both honestly suck a bit for migrating to NXG today.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,371 Views)

Seriously annoying that they've done this, because there are some really good features in NXG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,346 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OA1

While properties in WebVI are generally missing right now the property "plot.name" exists already for GVI's:

Snippet.png

Message 6 of 8
(4,336 Views)

Great stuff, but there are missing properties, correct? Is there a list of all properties within NXG as of now?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,331 Views)

I dont think there is a list as of now and there are a lot of properties missing right now. For example you cannot set the upper or lower limits for x- and y-axis (not to be confused with the scale) programmatically, which would be great..

Message 8 of 8
(4,322 Views)