LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node? Output to visual boolean array loop?

Hey guys! I'm relatively new to labview and am currently making a "pong" game for a project. SO far what I have working relatively the way i'd like it too

* User inputs a shot strength value that is compared for equivalency to a randomly generated # 

* if the two values are equivalent, the "made shot" bool indicator will activate

what I need a little guidance on is outputting to a boolean array of indicators that value if they are matching.

what I have currently in the VI is me attempting to initialize a boolean array 0-9 which will fill at the index of the matching values.(AKA if user selects 7, number generator hits 7, boolean array indicator 6 should light up on the front panel and remain lit.)

Thus far i've been able to get some of the boolean array indicators to light but only one at a time, so I believe my problem lies within my use of either the feedback node or my lack of use of a "property node" which I do not understand really at all for this application.

Any insight greatly appreciated!!

sebastian

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,695 Views)

Here is a snippet of my vi in case the above file doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,693 Views)

Look into Event structures, and state machines.

1. Your loop is spinning infinitely fast - not good
  2. Your boolean array is not updated until after the loop exits - not good?
  3. Change your number to integers, better for comparison.
  4. Learn to use Event structures.

Attached is a 2014 LabVIEW version that may help you get started or really confuse you, I put it together pretty fast.

mcduff

Message 3 of 4
(1,665 Views)

Thanks a lot! Definitely learned a great deal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,643 Views)