From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node? Output to visual boolean array loop?

Hey guys! I'm relatively new to labview and am currently making a "pong" game for a project. SO far what I have working relatively the way i'd like it too

* User inputs a shot strength value that is compared for equivalency to a randomly generated # 

* if the two values are equivalent, the "made shot" bool indicator will activate

what I need a little guidance on is outputting to a boolean array of indicators that value if they are matching.

what I have currently in the VI is me attempting to initialize a boolean array 0-9 which will fill at the index of the matching values.(AKA if user selects 7, number generator hits 7, boolean array indicator 6 should light up on the front panel and remain lit.)

Thus far i've been able to get some of the boolean array indicators to light but only one at a time, so I believe my problem lies within my use of either the feedback node or my lack of use of a "property node" which I do not understand really at all for this application.

Any insight greatly appreciated!!

sebastian

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,692 Views)

Here is a snippet of my vi in case the above file doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,690 Views)

Look into Event structures, and state machines.

1. Your loop is spinning infinitely fast - not good
  2. Your boolean array is not updated until after the loop exits - not good?
  3. Change your number to integers, better for comparison.
  4. Learn to use Event structures.

Attached is a 2014 LabVIEW version that may help you get started or really confuse you, I put it together pretty fast.

mcduff

Message 3 of 4
(1,662 Views)

Thanks a lot! Definitely learned a great deal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,640 Views)