LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Definition Folder

Hi,

I am trying to learn object-oriented programming. Hence as a part; I am trying to code a simple basic addition function. I created a class with numerical private data. Then I created a property definition folder and under the folder, I created a method VI which adds another numerical value to the existing private data of our class and updates it. But my code is showing 3 errors which I can't understand. I have attached a jpeg image which is a screenshot of the error. Can anyone please explain to me what have I done wrong and how can I correct it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,218 Views)

Hi,

VIs in a property definition folder need a defined connector pane. Class in and out on top, error in and out at bottom. Your connector pane does not show 'error in' and 'error out' terminals.

There is an easy way to let LabVIEW create VIs in property definition folders, see LabVIEW help: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvdialog/create_accessor_db/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,175 Views)

There's something wrong with your code (i.e. the LabVIEW VIs/Project you are trying to run).  If I sent a doctor a picture of a thermometer that showed a temperature of 104°F (40°C) and said "What's wrong with my child", do you think she could make a diagnosis without "examining the patient"?

Please attach your Project (you can compress the folder it is in and attach the .zip file) and let us see what you are doing to generate the error.  Pictures are not very helpful.

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,162 Views)