LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Indicator

I didn't say that you will lock the FP (or that you won't - I didn't inspect the code to check either way). I said you risk it when you separate the lock and unlock, because it makes it easier to call a lock without an unlock by mistake. Maybe you will make that mistake, maybe you won't. And not having icons (even simple text icons, like the original example has) is certainly something which can help in making such mistakes.

As for the structure of the code, the current structure works, which is why I used it in the original example, but it's far from robust. You could use it, but then you might run into problems later on. If you want one example of a possible modification, you can look at the other thread (not that the modification there is necessarily good. It was also just a quick one). Keep in mind that you will also have to communicate with the various downloads somehow and having the VI reference is not necessarily enough for that. If you want to look at managing multiple parallel processes and communicating with them, you might wish to check out the actor framework and some of the documentation which goes with it. It might be too heavy for you to start with, but a relatively simple app is actually probably a good place for it.

(163 Views)