Message 21 of 31
(839 Views)

thank you:)

will check it tomorrow

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(836 Views)

hi there,

i'm really sorry, my fault this time, but i've just tried to check the file and it appears that my LabView is not 6.1 but 6.0, so i can't open the file again:(

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(818 Views)
Hello Evgenia,

now in LabView 6.0 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(816 Views)
thank you so much :)
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(815 Views)

Hi there:)

you have never told me your name...

i have just checked the last file sent by you and bingo! it seems that it does what i want!:) if i understand correct, the window with a number near the "mean" window is the channel of input data, so changing the number i can see the mean for the sertan channel, am i correct? that's great:) it seems that i am starting to understand something:)

i know that LabView can save some data directly to an exel file, so can we just put kind of "button" there, so when i press it the mean value would go to the file i attach to this message? because basicly i need 10 mean readings to get an average, so i could go through a file of input data, when i "like" the mean i press the button and it goes to the file, where the average is calculated automatically.. but the exel file should be new for every new file of input data. this would be perfect then!...:)

anyway, thank you very much, you have already done my life much easier:)

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(805 Views)
Hello Evgenia,

I included an option to save the means.
At the moment you have to select a filename everytime you want to save as I don't attached a file constant to the appropriate input of the "Write.." function. I also took "Write to spreadsheet" as it is much easier to write to a csv-file (which can be loaded into excel without problems) then to a 'real" excel-file. And I switched to 'attach to file' instead of replacing old files, so everytime you save to an existing file the data will be appended at the end of the file.

Btw. 'the window with a number near the "mean" window' is the index display of an array indicator... You can have this on any array indicator/control 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(801 Views)
ok, thank you, i'll go and check it now:) thanks for your help!:)
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(798 Views)

hi there:)

just one more question...is it possible to make labview to write to a file only data which is currntly on the screen?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(793 Views)
Hello Evgenia,

short answer: yes. 🙂

Long answer: Yes you can do it. Then you have to check what is displayed on the screen.
Example: for an array you have to check:
- which index did the user select (maybe you restrict the use of the index control to a certain range?)
- what's the displayed range [how many elements in x/y-direction] (you should know this from creating your front panel, but this is maybe changed on runtime)
Then you can use this informations to get the right subarray for saving the data.
For a waveform chart/graph this applies too (how many curves, which data range, and so on).

Summary: If you know, which data should be saved, then you have to collect those data...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(787 Views)