From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically restart Web Service's Application Web Server

I have an Application Web Server running hosting a Web Service.  For an unknown reason the Application Web Server crashes and returns a 503 http error code.  On the computer I can get everything back by republishing the web service or restarting the Application Web Server, actions that currently take a user to perform at the terminal.  I would like to programatically do one of these to get the Application Web Server up and running agian when it goes down.

Just to note this is the APPLICATION web server to host web service VIs, not the Web Server to host HTML and other stuff.

The ideal way would to fix the Application Web Server from crashing but I need a short term solution while we figure that out.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,009 Views)

I believe this could work for you. Section 12.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7747/en/#toc12

"In addition to the Build and Deploy menus on the project tree, you can also build and deploy a Web service programmatically using a VI.

LabVIEW provides G APIs to open a project and access all members defined within the project. Using the invoke node, you can programmatically open a project. You can also access the targets defined in the project using a property node."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,939 Views)

Hello,

In Windows you could configure in Services to restart the service on failure. Is this running on a PC or on a CompactRIO or PXI RT system?

The previous method is good however how programmatically defining whether the service is down could be tricky, depending on the hardware you are running on this could differ in method too.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,921 Views)