From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically paste an image from Clipboard into LabVIEW picture control

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know of a way to programmatically paste the image residing in the Windows Clipboard into a LabVIEW picture control?

Jim Haas
Message 1 of 6
(3,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JHaas

There's an Application class method which gets the image from the clipboard. It was private in previous versions, but it was made public in 2012, so I assume it also works fine in older versions. At least in never gave me problems with my limited experience with it:

Get CB Image.png

It works!!! Thanks much and congrats for being knighted into 10k club

Jim Haas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,659 Views)

Hi!

Great post!  I'm wondering where I can find this. I checked the Application methods > Clipboard option which provides a text read and text write option. Your help would be appreciated. I'm using Labview 2011. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,588 Views)

Like I said, that method was private, which is why you can't see it. If you want to use it, save the image in my previous reply to your HD, then drag the file into a block diagram. It's a VI snippet, so it will be converted into actual code you can use. You could also drag it directly from the browser, but I believe that only works if you're using Internet Explorer.

Thanks! This is new to me, so thanks for the information. It works well, in both IE and Firefox, too.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,548 Views)