LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically modifying a VI's Description

I'm trying to set the description on a whole bunch of VIs we have written to wrap a low level API.  I'm opening the VI, using the Desc property node and then closing it.  If I have the VI I would like to modify open at the time, the change happens, but the VI is not marked as changed so I cannot save the change and it is lost once I close the application.  If I don't have the VI open at the time, then nothing seems to happen.  I've debugged and the VI reference does get opened and there are no errors, it just doesn't seem like the modification actually works unless I have the VI itself open in LabVIEW, and even then I can't save the change since it doesn't mark the VI as changed.

Ideas?  I'd like to just be able to mark it as changed but I don't see a property that would get me there ('Modifications' is Read-Only).

Attached is the meat of what I'm trying to do, pretty simple, just open the VI, set the Desc field and close the ref.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,770 Views)
Have you tried adding the save method after the Description property?  This should save the VI regardless of whether LV thinks it should.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,764 Views)
Fantastic, that worked.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,757 Views)