LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically find location of <userlib>

Hi all,

I'm using LV 2012. Is there a way to find the location of the <userlib> directory programmatically? I've seen the old stuff about the private Application->Resolve Symbolic Path method, but that is now deprecated. Is there an alternate solution?

Thank you,

Zola.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,443 Views)

You can use the vi lib path function and get the user lib path as shown below (Available as a function in OpenG)

User lib path.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,437 Views)

I believe you are correct regarding the function being deprecated, but this old VI from the LAVA forums loads and functions fine with my LV2012 32 bit installation.

http://lavag.org/topic/10549-resolving-symbolic-paths/#entry62790

I wouldn't include it in any distributed / compiled code but it could still be useful for writing private / throw-away type development tools...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,431 Views)

To P@Anand - Thank you. That works fine in the development environment. My problem is that I need to build an exe that knows where the LV installation is, and where the user.lib is inside of that. If you use this solution in a built program, it gives you the location of the user.lib in the build, not the location in the LV installation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,423 Views)

To PhilipBrooks - Thank you. I only need this for an in house tool, so I might need to resort to that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,418 Views)