LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically clear array on front panel

Hi, I have a 2D array of data that I'd like to clear immediately after the user clicks 'run.' 

One solution I came across seems like it's exactly what I need, only it doesn't seem to translate for LabVIEW NXG.  I'm referring to the 'clear indicators when called' option under the execution page in VI properties.  Is there an equivalent option for NXG?  

I've attached an image of the window that appears when I go to VI properties.  It's very minimal.  The options in the dropdown are 'stateless' and 'stateful.'

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,937 Views)

I don't use NXG, but apparently you can write to a "duplicate terminal" at the start of your program.

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/latest/prog-elements/dataflow-duplicates/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,906 Views)

Two options:

initarray.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,874 Views)

Just update the Array with Default Values(Empty Array) as soon as run Button is Clicked, Hope same works for LabVIEW NXG.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,870 Views)

Thank you all for your help! I went with the property node and it works like a charm. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,849 Views)