From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Create Shared Variable of Array Datatype

Hi All

Can anyone please let me know whether a Shared Variable of Array Datatype be created Programmatically?

Thanks

Suneel 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,418 Views)
There are five VIs that can be used for programmatic library and shared variable creation that ship with LabVIEW, but these VIs did not make it onto the VIs palette. They are located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\vi.lib\Utility\Variable.

Attached is a simplified example that shows creation of a shared variable and library.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Download All
Message 2 of 5
(4,406 Views)

Hi Adnan

Thank You for the immediate response. May be this could be my second option 🙂 

Actually I'm trying to create a process in the Shared Variable Engine and creating the Shared Variable(with array datatype) under that Process. The Current "Create Shared Variable.vi" in the DSC Pallette will allow me to do that, but i'll have to choose from the four datatypes.

Is there any other method to create the Shared Variable with Array datatype directly under a process in the Shared Variable Engine?

Suneel 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,499 Views)

Does this work for executables?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,444 Views)