LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically change possible selections in radio buttons

Hello,

I'm making a dialog box asking the user to select one of multiple strings from an array, so I'm using radio buttons for this. Is there a way to make the possible selections of a radio lab with a property node? I was not able to locate a way to do this. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,286 Views)

Why wouldn't you use a MENU RING instead of the radio buttons for a selection from an array of strings?  The property node of a menu ring allows for on the fly (run-time) changes to the selection options?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,280 Views)

That was my backup plan. I was hoping to have a nice table showing all their options without a drop-down menu like with a menu ring. I was trying to modify a table with checkboxes to have radio buttons instead since I already have the dialog window built. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,277 Views)

Hi Quark,

use a listbox to show all possible entries. Set it to allow selecting just one item...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 11
(3,269 Views)

@TheStrangeQuark wrote:

Is there a way to make the possible selections of a radio lab with a property node? I was not able to locate a way to do this. 

According to the LabVIEW Help for Radio Button Properties, this is a Read-Only property, so the answer is No.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 11
(3,260 Views)

Like GerdW, I would go with the Listbox set for selecting a single item.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,224 Views)

You can simulate this, I guess, by making an array of cluster, where the cluster would be a Boolean control + a string control.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,218 Views)

Hi,

I was trying to modify a table with checkboxes to have radio buttons instead

Then use a listbox and their inbuilt feature to show symbols in front of the list items…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,209 Views)

This sounds like it could be a fun XControl using a 2D Picture control, or a listbox with custom symbols.  A while ago I posted code on custom symbols in item selection for listboxes that allow for multiple item select.  Feel free to modify the code to use radio button symbols instead.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,186 Views)

I just use (hidden) sequential labels, and change captions programmatically instead

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,179 Views)