From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically change possible selections in radio buttons

Hello,

I'm making a dialog box asking the user to select one of multiple strings from an array, so I'm using radio buttons for this. Is there a way to make the possible selections of a radio lab with a property node? I was not able to locate a way to do this. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,281 Views)

Why wouldn't you use a MENU RING instead of the radio buttons for a selection from an array of strings?  The property node of a menu ring allows for on the fly (run-time) changes to the selection options?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,275 Views)

That was my backup plan. I was hoping to have a nice table showing all their options without a drop-down menu like with a menu ring. I was trying to modify a table with checkboxes to have radio buttons instead since I already have the dialog window built. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,272 Views)

Hi Quark,

use a listbox to show all possible entries. Set it to allow selecting just one item...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 11
(3,264 Views)

@TheStrangeQuark wrote:

Is there a way to make the possible selections of a radio lab with a property node? I was not able to locate a way to do this. 

According to the LabVIEW Help for Radio Button Properties, this is a Read-Only property, so the answer is No.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 11
(3,255 Views)

Like GerdW, I would go with the Listbox set for selecting a single item.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,219 Views)

You can simulate this, I guess, by making an array of cluster, where the cluster would be a Boolean control + a string control.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,213 Views)

Hi,

I was trying to modify a table with checkboxes to have radio buttons instead

Then use a listbox and their inbuilt feature to show symbols in front of the list items…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,204 Views)

This sounds like it could be a fun XControl using a 2D Picture control, or a listbox with custom symbols.  A while ago I posted code on custom symbols in item selection for listboxes that allow for multiple item select.  Feel free to modify the code to use radio button symbols instead.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,181 Views)

I just use (hidden) sequential labels, and change captions programmatically instead

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,174 Views)