LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Running in VI but not in build

Hi Everyone,

In my VI, my program is running fine.  I am able to control an LXI XG 600-2.6 DC power supply through the LAN.  My program specifies a voltage to output and it measures the voltage current.  It can also update the voltage as well and turn it off.

However, if I run the program in my build, it will do all of the above accept update the voltage.  I've built the executable with the debugger, and as far as I can tell, all the commands are being sent to power supply during the update state.

Has anyone else had similar problem to this, or have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,661 Views)

That is only the project file, which contains all the information about the LabVIEW project, but not the files, themselves.  Please include all the files associated with the project in a zip file.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,643 Views)

There are many possibilities for why the executable would be behaving differently. Some common ones are that you have a control (especially in a SubVI) that you had set to something but it was not "set as default". When built into the executable it will pop back to the default value. Also, sometimes there is a relative file path which is now incorrect because your executable is in a different location relative to that file.

Message 3 of 8
(2,630 Views)

Oops, I didn't realize it would do that.  Here they are attached now.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,567 Views)

You may wish to remove the breakpoint in the update state before you build the executable.

Just a thought- but you might try thatSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,557 Views)

Haha oh, I've removed it and that didn't fix anything

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,554 Views)

It's like it is "ignoring" the OUTput ON; command in the update state.  I tried turning the output off in this state, but it didn't either.  I don't understand why this only happens in the build...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,544 Views)

Your "VISA resource name" is empty, when is that supposed to be populated?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,528 Views)