From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program PIC Controller Using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Team

I have created an application using LABview, in which i'm testing an Electronic Hardware before and after programming the Microcontroller available in the hardware.I've almost completed the project expect the auto programming Of Microcontroller using LABview.
 I have to use PIC2kit or PIC3kit to fuse the c code.It would be helpfull ,if i get any support or clarification in the above mentioned auto programming using labview.
My Client requirement is to call the pic2 standalone application used for programming PIC controller Via LABview and program it..Let me know if there is any possibility.. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,397 Views)

You could use System Exec.vi to run your standalone application.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,391 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumithra_Nagappan

For using a PicKit2, you'll need to download the 'PK2CMD V1.20 PICkit 2 Command Line Interface' available from the Microchip website in order to use the sysexec.vi as mentioned above.

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en023805

Then you use a command such as 'pk2cmd.exe /PPIC18F4431 /FIP087V1_00.hex /M' to program your device.

In the zip file there is a readme file which details the options available for programming.

Message 3 of 4
(4,382 Views)

hi,sorry for replying for old post. i am having same issue. placed pk2cmd.exe and .dat file and my vi in same loacrtion. still not able to load hex file. could you please share the cmd line will be great help.

thx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,673 Views)