LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiling in executable

Hallo for all,

I would like to get following information programmatically: which VIs was called in my application (with timestamp), call chain for each, how long time takes the call, etc (in general, the same information as can be obtained by Tools->Advanced->Profile VIs...).
But the problem that I would like to get this not in development mode, but in builded executable, and, of course, without insertion additional code into each VI.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,350 Views)

@Andrey Dmitriev wrote:
Hallo for all,

I would like to get following information programmatically: which VIs was called in my application (with timestamp), call chain for each, how long time takes the call, etc (in general, the same information as can be obtained by Tools->Advanced->Profile VIs...).
But the problem that I would like to get this not in development mode, but in builded executable, and, of course, without insertion additional code into each VI.
Any ideas?

You could try to run the compiled application from within the development environment: rename your exe (say foo.exe) to an llb (foo.llb). Open from within the LV development environment the top level VI of this llb and run it. Use the profiler. (I haven't done the latter, but running the compiled VI that way will work)

-Franz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,342 Views)
Thank you for reply, but this way (probably will work) not exactly what i needed, because first, i must install LabVIEW on the target machine and second, i need a little bit more functionality. I would like to get such functionality without installed LabVIEW, just with Run-Time. Probably I can connect to lvrt.dll for looking all calls, but this way is complicated. My small goal is writing small software like NI Spy, but with possibilities for logging all VIs calls in application. There are a lot of "similar" software (from sysinternals.com, for example) which can monitor File, Registry, I/O, WinAPI, etc calls and activities. But its not easy, I know.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)