LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producing data to a loop with an event structure

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm relatively new to Labview programming (as will be seen in my program below). I found a vi online that collects data from a 9237 bridge analog USB card. That is the top portion of the vi is what collects the data. The original place the output in a graph, but I have changed it to a numeric indicator.

The lower portion I'm trying to have the operator use the start, stop, reset buttons to interact with the system. I used an event structure to do this. Every this works well, except for the event that the value of the load cell data (from above loop). I want it to act on the new value continuously, but it only acts one time. All other features work fine. Can someone explain how I would best accomplish this?

Any help would be apprciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,025 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonrie1

Why are you using a queue to pass the data from one loop to the other?  The reason it only works one time is that the lower loop will wait until an event has occurred.

I would eliminate the queue.  Wire the Total into a property node for Total Value (signalling).  That will trigger the event case for the Total: Value Change event to fire.

Don't read from property nodes in the upper loop when you have the indicators and wires right there to read from.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,018 Views)

Additionally, this below is a no-go:

StopVI.PNG

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,016 Views)

Actually the producer/consumer with the queue was a recommendation by one of the ni techs when I called for tech support. I originally had a property node but I was using Value, not Value (signaling). You suggestion did the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,001 Views)