cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with tracer bulb off

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a labview program in which IV data is collected using a gamry ref 600 potentiostat within a nested loop. The applied voltage steps up in increments after every iteration. The data for each run is sent to a waveform graph every run as well. The problem is that this will usually work perfectly when the tracer light is on (lightbulb at top toolbar) but won't take any data when it is off. There usually aren't any errors that pop up in either case and while I can see that the voltage steps are occurring when the tracer light is off, nothing shows up in the graph.

My initial thought was that the program simply is too fast for my computer to handle with the tracer off so I tried adding delays to no effect. I've also tried restarting all connected hardware, again to no effect.

I am attaching the program.

Thanks in advance.

Kai

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,232 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UNCKai

Hi,

I think that its better for your application use only one state machine instead of three, because in this way you can connect directly the variables and avoid using local variables that can generate race conditions in your program, that could be the reason that you are not taking any data when the tracer light is off. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,198 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. We've gone ahead and elected to use a different program though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,167 Views)