From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with hp34401 vi in win2000

I can't run the hp34401 vi through serial port in win2000. But, on the other hand the vi run perfectly in windows 98
My problem is similar to GESA's one.
Have anybody a solution for this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,412 Views)
Are you getting any VISA error codes? It might be something simple like your VISA address string. Sometimes there are also timing issues between faster or slower computers. Chances are, it doesn't have much to do with the operating system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,412 Views)
Thank you, for your answer Aaron,
I am getting the next message:

Error-1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 9) in HP34401A Initialize.vi -> HP34401A Getting Started.vi.
Possible reasons:
VISA:(Hex oxBFFF01D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,412 Views)
I found the other DevZone discussion you reffered to with gesa.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=50650000000800000056160000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General

You might try the suggestion that was made there. Since the error message is complaining about the 9th argument of the property node, we can try removing it; that is, delete the constant connected to the last input and shrink the property node so that there is no DTR input. Alternatively, you can change the flow control mode to . I think what is going on here is that in the original VI, the VI set the flow control to DTR/DSR (hardware flow control) and then asserted the DTR line so that it would be in the proper state for
the communication to begin. This may have been allowed in an older version of VISA, but I think in the new VISA, if you use hardware control, it won't let you manually change the state of that line. The line state should be controlled automatically by the low level drivers. The result is the error you are seeing which is basically telling you that you do not currently have access to that line. If you use a flow control mode that does not use that line, you are allowed to assert it manually.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,412 Views)