LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with deployed executables on a 8.0 RT target

I have several executables which I want to run on an RT target. (not at the same time)

One executable is startup.rtexe which lives in the ../ni-rt/STARTUP/ folder. There are others which are in a folder called ../ni-rt/EXEFILE.

The executables in the exefile folder make use of a deterministic LAN.

If I use the project manager and deploy the executable using the deterministic lan to the EXEFILE folder then the startup exe no longer works, even when the RT power is cycled.

Does anyone know if there is an .ini file somewhere on the RT system which is updated when you deploy an executable? or some other reason the startup.rtexe ceases to function?

I am using LabView 8.0 and RT 8.0.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,138 Views)

Hi;

Labview 8, no longer work like 7x where you could simply execute RT Applications...

Whatever is deployed with the boot option no matter the directory is what will come

up when you reboot. To make it work, you must make sure "Set as startup" is not checked

on your built of the applications, before deploying. This is done on the project screen.

Right click on the built file and make sure that this option is off for your deterministic LAN

applications, then deploy. When you reboot, the startup will load if the startup option was selected

Walters

SpinX Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,131 Views)