LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with arduino labview Interface

i tried to interface labview with ardiuno but it didn't work. it can't control the simple led control on ardiuno uno board. 

there is an error warning in lifa base compiling i think its the reason of this problem. how it can be fix????

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino: In function 'void processCommand(unsigned char*)':

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino:150:60: warning: left shift count >= width of type

duration=(command[8]+ (command[7]<<8)+ (command[6]<<16)+(command[5]<<24));

^

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino:150:77: warning: left shift count >= width of type

duration=(command[8]+ (command[7]<<8)+ (command[6]<<16)+(command[5]<<24));

^

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino: In function 'sevenSegment_Config(unsigned char*)':

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino:632:41: warning: iteration 7 invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]

sevenSegmentPins[(i-1)] = command[i];

^

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino:629:3: note: containing loop

for(int i=2; i<10; i++)

^

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino\main.cpp: In function 'main':

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino:632:41: warning: iteration 7 invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]

sevenSegmentPins[(i-1)] = command[i];

^

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LabVIEWInterface.ino:629:3: note: containing loop

for(int i=2; i<10; i++)

^

Sketch uses 18,070 bytes (56%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 1,116 bytes (54%) of dynamic memory, leaving 932 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,190 Views)

You won't find much support for LIFA since LINX has replaced it.  That doesn't mean you can't use LIFA, it just means less people are using it, so less people are around to help you with it.  My advice is to checkout LINX instead, it has some pretty good support, and lots of videos walking through the process.

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=libraries:linx:start

Message 2 of 15
(5,134 Views)

I think you are not setting the COM that you need, if you can put a screen shot of your VI maybe I can help you, or use Linx, its more easier and faster, but LIFA works good, let us know if you solve your problem

Rhico

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,117 Views)

i have solved it..,....... 

now my circuit is working properly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,091 Views)

I had the same problem . I sovle it by upgrading by Arduino IDE

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,058 Views)

Hello!
How did you solve the problem?  please!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,390 Views)

@Calie0101 wrote:

How did you solve the problem?

Solving the problem is not possible without first staring the problem.  This usually starts with creating your own thread if you have different issues from OP.  That being said read the link I provided to LINX.  It has a simple LINX Firmware Wizard... in the tools menu which just downloads the firmware without needing the IDE.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,364 Views)

hello,

excuse me

how did you solve it?

I tried downloading lifa_base again but didnt work

let me know asap

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,756 Views)

LIFA has been replaced with LINX.

Reread the message above yours for further guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,749 Views)

Hello!!

Im having the same issue. What did you do to solve the problem?

Thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,698 Views)