LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with VI Server

Hi all,

I have LabVIEW 6.0.2 and I use the VI Server for my applications.
Eveyrthings works fine before I put my server on another system. A slow
system. With some tests, one of my application work fine only if the front
panel is open. Its seems that the information I send in a cluster doesn't
reach the server system if front panel isn't open. Anyone can help me?

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,633 Views)
Eric,

There is a Knowledgebase that addresses your issue on our website, www.ni.com. Please type the following string into the search box: +VI Server +front +panel +open. The title of the Knowledgebase that should appear is, "I Can't Dynamically Load and Run a VI Without Opening the Front Panel".

Regards,
Lee Anne Gaspard
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,633 Views)
I have create a client-server application with VI Server; but the transmission velocity is so slow. Then, I used TCP/IP for the same work and the velocity of transmission is faster than VI Server. I am yet investigate the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,633 Views)
Sometimes, if you close your panel and no other VI has a VI server reference to that VI open, then the VI will close itself down since there is no way to access it. This might be what is happening to you. You can avoid this by having your VI open a reference to itself. If this is not the problem, you will have to build some way of monitoring the VI even though the panel is closed to find out exactly what is hapening. You can try inserting things like message boxes to pop open at key places in your program or you can try using VI server to comunicate with the VI. Make sure that you are properly handling all your error cluster, they could be giving you vital clues that you are not seeing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,633 Views)