LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Report Generating Toolkit with MS Word 2007

We need to export bench test results as graphs in a Word document.  For this purpose we bought RG Toolkit and ... Disaster!!!!!!!!!

Our tests are not standard pass/fail or production type of tests, it is design debugging and evaluation process, every time changing bench setup, so we can't use prebuild templates.

Simple test:  -          

1. Open the NI example Line_Graph(Word) listed with Example finder under Report generation for Microsoft Office tool.

2.Add For loop around word_insert_graph.vi as shown in the attachment (report loop.jpg)

Run the vi and will see:

-          First page will be OK, the graphs on the second page will be different sizes.

-          Measure the size of the correct graphs… 4x2 inches? No.

-     Zoom the document to e.g. 200% and run again. The new document will be totally different!

So, I started debugging NI's (not free) tool. Contacting support team didn't help- I received standard examples, and promises that the issues which I report will be included in the list... So no help.

Finally, after a few weeks (doing NI's job, not my work!) I found the fixes for most of the issues (see the attached doc and the replacement vi's).

And even after this the graph formatting options are so limited, that I had to redo quite a few more vi's (all encapsulated as OOP's) until I got something useful, which is too difficult to be posted- the whole NI package is packeted in lvlib's and OOB structure, locked for editing.

Anyway, the sample graph is attached (pass-fail error graph.jpg), with the modified vi's now there is almost full control over the graph formatting etc.

One problem- there are too many controls, which I still can't figure out how to save as pre-configured set, one idea is to add on a front panel of separate vi, save as default and rename the vi for each set (obviously can be combined as constant clusters and use selector to pick one).

Attached are the vi's(word_fix.zip and _wordsub_fix.zip), which must be extracted to the proper folders (read_me). Warning- this will change the connectors to the top vi's and will corrupt the example programs. So, it's your call to backup the existing vi's which will be replaced.

Download All
Message 1 of 1
(2,139 Views)