LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using a Agilent GPIB card and LabView

Im trying to use a HP34401A with labview. My GPIB card is an Agilent
82350 PCI, and im having problems to use that. I have all the drivers
but i cant write anything in the instrument.
Do i use VISA vi's at labview library or what
jeison
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,628 Views)
Agilent IO -> View Documentation->IO Libraries Readme
has an NI Interoperability section. Basically you need to IN THIS ORDER:

Step 1) Install LabVIEW (which installs NI -IO) Be sure it's version 2.5 or later.
Step 2) Install Agilent IO Libraries (J.01.00 or later) using the side-by-side option. (This leaves NI IO in command.)
Step 3) Install the Agilent GPIB hardware and configure it with Agilent IO Libraries.
Step 4) (You probably missed this one) Use NI MAX and turn on the passport option. (Tools -> NI-VISA -> Passport Editor or
Tools -> VISA Options -> Passports.
Look for a check by NIVisaTulip.dll- VISA Library Passport for Tulip.)
Close MAX and wait 5 seconds.

LabVIEW should now find the Agilent GPIB card (even though MAX doesn't show it.)

Les Hammer
VP of Engineering
Complete Test
Les.Hammer@CompleteTest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,628 Views)
Hello Les, I was going thro' this article & need your help. The same problem occured to me when using Agilent 82350A card with Labview 6.1. The installation was done on 😧 drive instead of the C: drive (default) as the C: drive was not supposed to be available to students in the Univ. Could this have caused the problems with the installation. Also pls let me know with a simple example if possible how to verify that Labview can communicate with the 82350A even though we do not see it in MAX. Many thanks, Kiran Anand. My e-mail kiran_anand@emitac.co.ae
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,628 Views)

How come there is no NIVisaTulip.dll passport option in MAX as mentioned in step 4 of your reply? I am trying to get an HP82357A interface to work in a system that also has VEE installed.

AF6ND On the Air
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,480 Views)

The initial thread is from about 15 years ago.  There have been quite a few changes made to MAX since then...

You'd be better off searching for a more modern solution or starting a new thread.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,477 Views)

Thanks.

AF6ND On the Air
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,474 Views)

Follow the instructions in my reply here to enable the Tulip driver your GPIB card needs

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,472 Views)