From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems reading a csv file

I have a bunch of csv files that I would like to be able to read. For some reason the output of the read from spreadsheet file  function (using a comma as the delimiter) gives me all zeros. Any suggestions on how to read his data?
Message Edited by sophr1 on 01-29-2009 08:29 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,451 Views)

Hi sophr1,

it seems that your file is a "real" Excel file.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,448 Views)
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to convert a real .xls file to a csv file without opening the file and doing a save as?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,441 Views)

Hi sophr1,

i think not. You need a function which converts it. The easiest way is to use Excel for it. It should be possible to use the ActiveX functions to open the file and save it as csv. In every case you have to open the file.

You can also use ActiveX functions to read the data you need.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,431 Views)

Short answer: no. There may be a tool out there to do that, but you'll have to Google for it.

But, you can still read the files using ActiveX. This assumes you have Excel installed on the computer. There's a shipping example that shows you how to read an Excel workbook. Open the Example Finder and search for "Excel". You can also find lots of VIs in the Excel thread.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,430 Views)