From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting an executable VI from a DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I have 2 DLL's, the first (rfid.dll) is imported into labview and contains some 55 functions. 1 of these has too complex an internal memory management to work correctly. I therefore have a second dll (wrapper.dll) that contains a simplifed memory access. However on importing the second dll I get

VI Not Executable
The VI is not executable because of one of the following reasons:
1. The shared library or a dependent file is not installed. To make the VI executable, you must install the shared library and all support files on the computer on which you run the VI.
2. A required custom control might be empty or cannot be found. To make the VI executable, update the custom control manually.
3. The VI contains a parameter with an unsupported data type. To make the VI executable, you must replace the empty cluster that the wizard generates with a control or indicator that uses supported data types.
    RFID Retrieve Attached Radios List Wapper.vi
    test.vi

Note that test.vi is also not executable, If I only have test function in the second dll then test.vi is made executable. It would seem that the second dll cannot locate the rfid.dll.

Any help please.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,859 Views)

It's difficult to provide much help when you only supply the Error Messages, not the code itself.  Where did you get this code?  Can you contact the Developer?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,827 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rekinchin

It appears that labview cannot resolve DLL's that use DLL's that use DLL's

My first rfid.dll used 2 other dll's that were in the given path, that was resolved and I was able to import.

The second wrapper.dll used the rfid.dll and would seem even that all the dll's were in the same path it was not able to go done the next level.

I fixed it by copying all the dll's i needed into

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW xxxx

Message 3 of 3
(2,806 Views)