LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting Labview Mobile Module to work..

I have written an labview program (attached) which reads in comma separated serial data, parses it, and displays a couple of charts as long as the data is okay. This uses the VISA driver to read from the serial port. In fact, it's a virtual com port (VCP) that I'm using, with the FTDI driver, and a usb cable, connected to a little microcontroller.

This works great using Labview 2010, but my ultimate aim is to get the program running on a Windows Mobile 6.1 device (Juniper Systems Archer Field PC, based on the Intel/ARM PXA270 processor) and here I'm running into problems.

The first is that I can't even get it to run properly in the emulator (that's what the attached code is for). Perhaps this is to do with the VCP driver. I get some error about needed to install 'virtual pc 2007' (odd). Also the drop down list to select the serial port does not even appear when I run the program in the emulator. 

Help! I'm okay with labview but this new world of mobile devices is turning out to be more painful than I expected...

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,389 Views)

please! I'm desperate... can anyone help with this? anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,344 Views)

Hi Dave,

Can you give me a little more detail about the error message you are getting. What is the full message? Is there an error code in addition to this?

I have tried running the code with highlight execution and noticed it was always switching to the timeout case. Do you also experience this?

Kind Regards

Michael
NIUK Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)