From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing LabVIEW

Problems Installing LabVIEW Run-Time Engine for Ubuntu 11.04

I'm relatively new to Ubuntu and its community, but have been pleasantly surprised with how easy troubleshooting has been. Unfortunately, I've spent the last two days trying to install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, but keep coming up short.

I've tried a number methods from the following threads to no avail:
The problem I'm having now is that despite having the ia32-libs, here is what comes up:

Input: "sudo alien - k --scripts labview-2009-rte-9.0.1-1.i386.rpm"
Response: "labview-2009-rte-9.0.1-1.i386.rpm is for architecture i386; the package cannot be built on this system".

Alien is required because Ubuntu isn't compatible with the .rpm format.

Your help would be immensely appreciated since we use LabVIEW programs to display, manipulate and simulate our spectra.

SZD91

Argumentative Essay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,521 Views)

Hey there I'm not too familiar with Ubuntu but you may find some help in the following areas:  Linux Users is a group that helps out other linux users.   Also  labview for linux (Ubuntu 64-bit) my help, people were having a pretty active discussion in there.

I'm guessing you're using the installer from here: LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2011 -Linux?

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,483 Views)