LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the 3D Surface/Scatter plot

Hello, 

I have an issue with the 3D plots in LabVIEW. I tried to create a 3D Surface and a 3D Scatter plot.

For the 3D Scatter plot I connected 3 1D-Arrays but unfortunately there was no graph shown after the extraction of the data.

Also I am confused what needs to be connected for the z-axis of the 3D Surface plot since it requires a 2D-Array. What do I need to connect to it?

I attached a picture of the current data extraction in the attachments. Essentially the current program is performing a sweep, a frequency sweep with a varying voltage. 

The problem is that none of the data which was extracted is reprensented in the 3D graph, the graph is blank.

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,527 Views)

Hi Sunny,

you need to connect a 2D array of the data you want to plot to it. If you look at the graph from the top, you see an x-y- plot if you will. The Z Matrix tells the graph what z value a certain Point (x,y) has. There's an example for it as well, which demonstrates this fairly well.

As for your BD, I suggest getting rid of all  the variables (why doe you use "step freq (Hz)" twice right next to each other? Also I would get rid of all the stacked sequences.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,521 Views)