From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with tcp connection when using MyRIO

Hi I am looking for help with my TCP connection to a NI myRIO-1900. I am running 2 programs simultaneously, my host program on the PC with a user interface and then the real-time code deployed on the MyRIO. I am using the TCP connection to pass calibration data down to the MyRIO and then the RIO sends back acceleration data.

I was previously using a compact RIO to run the code with LabVIEW 2012 and was having no problems with it, then I decided to switch it to the MyRIO and had to update the software to 2013. Now the code will not work, when you run the program is starts ok but as soon as you try to update the user interface the program freezes and returns the following error codes;

Error 56 occurred at TCP Open Connection in Test Rig 

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488: Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

I have compiled a new FPGA code for the MyRIO and that is working fine it is just when it tries making the TCP connection. I have also tried a mass compile to see if that sorted it out but I'm still getting the same errors.

The project is quite large so I haven't attached it but if anyone would like access i could probably compress and attach if needed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,058 Views)
Perhaps the problem is that myRIO used WLAN instead of LAN on a cRIO?

Regards, Jens
Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,052 Views)

What are the inputs of "TCP open"?

Switch the "address" input to display \-code. Maybe there is a multiline string or some other delimiters present for the address input. (can e.g. happen if you don't limit the string to single line).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,051 Views)

@jg69 wrote:
Perhaps the problem is that myRIO used WLAN instead of LAN on a cRIO?

Unlikely. TCP/IP does not care about the physical layer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,046 Views)

I have checked the address input, that all seems fine no invalid characters in there.

Only inputs I have going in to the TCP open are address and remote port or service name.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,041 Views)

Error code 56 can also mean:

"The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit."

Perhaps your WLAN connection is not as reliable as your LAN?!

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,017 Views)