LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with serial port

I want to read and write data( Baud:9600, Data 8 bits,non parity ,  1 stop bit , non flow control) from MSC51. I use Basic Serial Write and Read vi. (in NI Example) ,It has error and I check code in MSC51 it OK .   What sould I do?:mansad:
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,103 Views)
Hi

You definitely should provide more information (e.g. the vi in which the error occurs, a more detailed error description, error-codes, ...).

Just saying "it has error" could mean everything from a cable which is not plugged to your computer correctly to a bug in a specific driver.

If you want useful advice from the community, the community needs to know more about the problem.
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,089 Views)
I'm sorry that I don't tell about problem.
The simple error handler.vi shows that "Error - 1073807202 occured at Property Node in VISA Configure Serial Port(Instr).vi -> Basic Serial Write and Read.vi"  and it show "This error is undefined.No one has provide a description or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input"
When I click Hilight execution to see an error , I see an error from " VISA configure serial port.vi".In this vi ,"VISA resource name" is ASRL2:
I think it could be COM1 but I can't change it and cable is plugged in COM1 port. :mansad:
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,083 Views)

Yes, you're right - it has to be COM1 in this case.
Did you just use an example vi or did you make your own one? Basically the VISA resource name wired to the configuration vi should be a combobox-like control, where you can select the source.

If you can't select the correct port, it is helpful if you could post the vi you're using or at least a picture of the it (but please no bitmaps).

Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,079 Views)
I use Basic Serial Write and Read vi ( in NI Example vi, I think you have it).Someone tell me it error because delay time but when I change it error again
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,072 Views)
Basically your vis are ok.
To change the com-port, use the control on the front panel (see picture).

The error-code you posted is linked to this message: A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.
If it doesn't work after selecting the correct com-port, you will have to check if everything is installed correctly.

Message Edited by becktho on 06-12-2006 11:44 AM

Using LV8.0
Message 6 of 13
(3,069 Views)

The explanation for that error code is:

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF009E) A code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.

Nine times out of 8 and a half, that means you haven't installed VISA. The explanation for that error is installed with VISA and if you had installed it, you would not have gotten 'this error is undefined'. Actually, you wouldn't have gotten an error at all.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,055 Views)
If VISA was not installed, should the VISA vis not have been available as well?
It absolutely makes no sense to have methods available but not the necessary drivers.
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,052 Views)
I agree. I have no idea why the functions are there without installation. It's been so long since I've not installed all drivers, I don't remember if the same is true of DAQ and GPIB. Anyone know if the functions are on the palette even if you don't install NI-DAQ, DAQmx, or NI-GPIB?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,050 Views)
For Traditional DAQ and DAQ-mx, support for a specific LV version is installed together with the drivers.
For example, I have 7.0 with LV support installed and 7.1 without.
In 7.1 I don't have DAQ on my function palette.
I don't know about  NI-GPIB

Paolo
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,040 Views)