LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with second plot in waveform chart

I added the second and third plots using the user interface panel, but the data structure in the property node still seems to be 1-dimension???

Also, serial seems to be successfully retrieving data, but I don't understand why I am getting thousands of:
IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS Serial0 SUCCESS
IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_COMMSTATUS Serial0 SUCCESS
Thank you for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,242 Views)
Property nodes are never multidimensional. To modify the properties for multiple plots, you first specify the active plot, select the properties you want, specify another active plot, select the properties again, etc.

When do you get these messages? Do you have automatic error handling and dialogs turned on?

I'm also a bit confused about what you're trying to do with the bundle of the array and the two scalars and trying to wire the output to a chart. As the broken wire indicates, that's not valid.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)
Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding about property nodes.

When do you get these messages?
I am running portmon in the background and notice that these status messages are coming very quickly (ms). The read and write occur about every 1 minute as requested.

I'm also a bit confused about what you're trying to do with the bundle of the array and the two scalars and trying to wire the output to a chart. As the broken wire indicates, that's not valid."

I was trying to wire in an upper and lower tolerance to the chart. I looked at some other multiplot charts and the data structure for a multiplot chart seems to be multidimensional whereas mine is only 1-D - hence the error???
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,242 Views)