LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with event structure and FPGA RT

I'm having some problems when I try to create an event structure in the RT vi. First I run the fpga mode, then run the RT mode. It's just a simple program to turn on/off a LED but when I play the Run mode nothing happens. I've tried the same program in another project and it works.I think there should be a problem when using events structures and FPGA mode.  Is there any way to solve this problem? I'm using LV 8.5. Please ignore the variables 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,919 Views)

Hi,

first, check this link - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6D57B65EADCDBF8486257F3B007E755D. Which type of RT target do you have? Most of RT targets do not have front panel, so if you want one, it should be on the host side.

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,894 Views)

What do you mean with the host side? I'm using cRIO 9002

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,884 Views)

Hi Rolando,

having 5 different wait functions in your single FPGA loop also doesn't seem right to me. Additionally having while loops running "forever" inside this single loop doesn't make that VI better…

What will happen when the FPGA obeys THINK DATAFLOW?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,876 Views)

@rolandonunez wrote:

What do you mean with the host side? I'm using cRIO 9002

In a cRIO system, there are 3 parts: FPGA, RT, PC.  The PC is for GUIs and user interaction.  The RT is typically for analysis and control that the FPGA cannot handle and locally logging data.  The FPGA handles the hardware and immediate analysis is signals.

As already mentioned, the RT does not support the Event Structure since it does not have a front panel.  So any user interaction you want should be done in the PC.  The RT and PC should communicate using TCP and/or Network Streams.

I recommend you look up the cRIO Developer's Guide.  It will answer most of your questions.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,858 Views)

RT does support User Event Structure - just not those events tied to front panel objects such a button press Value Change Event. User Events are supported - also the 9002 is 12 years old and one of the systems that runs ETS and not VxWorks or Linux.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,835 Views)