From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a prompt user function and loop

Ok, here's the situation, i want to run a application continuously without being prompted by the prompt user function everytime.  I have to include that in the loop for my application to work right though, so is there anyway i can have it inside the loop but for it not to prompt me everytime it makes an iteration.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,451 Views)
It is not clear exactly what you are asking. Do you have an Open/Create file function which is prompting the user? Or is it the Error Handler? The file prompts can be eliminated by wiring a valid file path to the appropriate input of the VI or function. A few of the file VIs do not have this input, but usually if you open up their diagrams you will find that they use lower level file fucntions with that capability.

If you need to modify a vi.lib VI, save a copy of it to a new location first and then modify the copy. If you modify the vi.lib version, other VIs which use that as a subVI may not work correctly. And, the next upgrade of LV will overwrite your changes.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,445 Views)
Addition:  the prompt is for a mass input, and once we input our mass we just want to keep the VI running with the same mass input but without the program asking us to input a mass every time.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,436 Views)
Move the prompt out of the loop.  Put it before the loop.  Wire the response into the loop.  That way, the prompt will occur then the loop will run using the same input for each iteration.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 4 of 4
(2,430 Views)