LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in LabVIEW

Has anyone used the Visio 2003 ActiveX Control in LabVIEW 7.1 ?

I succeded in using a WebBrowser control, a TreeView control, … in labview. I succeded in using the visio 2003ActiveX control in a form in Word and Access and to associate VBA code.

With visio 2003ActiveX Control in LabVIEW, as soon as I call a property (src, document, window, …), I obtain an undefined error (–2147221164 or other)

Is the use of this activeX is different from the others ? How to use this activeX control in Labview ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,908 Views)
I have 7.1 and Visio 2003. I just tried and I get the same error. I do get to see the control after placing it in the container and the property browser is filled with loads of properties, but selecting any of the six or seven available properties on a properties on a node causes the same error. You could try playing with the properties in the browser - maybe one of them will help.

(2,902 Views)
I've only got Visio 2000, but here's what I see:

I can't find a control that I can insert into a front panel ActiveX container (what's its name under Visio 2003?), but I can control the application just fine from the block diagram. If I drop down an Automation Open, right-click, and browse, I can select "Visio 2000 Type Library [Service Release 1] Version 4.8" and then choose the Application object. After that, I can open up a reference to Documents, open files up, etc, without error.

--John
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,892 Views)
The class is Microsoft Visio 11.0 Drawing Control. There is another one, called VisioModelingEngine, but I get a class error when I select it.
Two general question - is there a way to bring an ActiveX object\session opened with Automation open to the front panel (I assume not) and how does the registering of the controls work? Why, for example, is there no control for a PowerPoint presentation in the list, but there is one for an Excel spreadsheet?

(2,888 Views)

Johnner a écrit:
I've only got Visio 2000, but here's what I see:

I can't find a control that I can insert into a front panel ActiveX container (what's its name under Visio 2003?), but I can control the application just fine from the block diagram. If I drop down an Automation Open, right-click, and browse, I can select "Visio 2000 Type Library [Service Release 1] Version 4.8" and then choose the Application object. After that, I can open up a reference to Documents, open files up, etc, without error.

--John

The Application automation object seems to work well also under visio 2003. I tried it.

I believe, the activeX control is a new feature of Visio 2003.
I would like to use this control to have the Visio graph embedded in my front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,877 Views)
Hi All,

You can call, in LabVIEW, Visio ActiveX control on the user interface, and run your block diagram inside it.
You will find, in the links below :

Document about ActiveX and LV :
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzoneweb.nsf/Opendoc?openagent&1744411D9B6C5820862567C2006DC236

Link to a msdn website about Visio's ActiveX control :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_vis2003_ta/html/odc_vsprogrammingwithvisioactivexcontrol.asp

Now about the error 2147221164, you should probably register manually the ActiveX control :
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/4F811A9B23F1D46E862566F700615B7A?OpenDocument

Hope this help.

Sanaa T
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,837 Views)