LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Variable Client Support

Hello,

I work with Labview 8.5 and Crio 9014.
I have a problem with  Variable Client Support. When I try to compile my project I have the following error:

"The Network Variable Engine and Variable Client Support must be installed on the RT target for this application to function properly..."

I have read that we have to install the Variable Client Support in Measurement and Automation by right-clicking on the software and then choosing add/remove software but I can't install the appropriate shared variable components because I can't see neither Network Variable Engine and Variable Client Support. So what can I do?

Can somebody help me?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,897 Views)
In fact,

When I am in MAX, software, add/remove sotfware, I see that only the minimal version of NI-RIO2.4.0 is installed. I think that the problem come from there.What can I do to install the full NI-RIO2.4.0 ? The NI-RIO2.4.0 stay in lightgray so I can't install the following software:

Network Variable Engine 1.4.1 (older version available on host)
NVE Common 1.4.1 (older version available on host)
LabVIEW PID Control Toolkit 8.5.1 (older version available on host)
Modbus I/O Server 1.4.1 (older version available on host)
DataSocket for LabVIEW Real-Time 4.5.4 (older version available on host)
NVE Core 1.4.1 (older version available on host)
LogosXT 4.9.1 (older version available on host)
Variable Client Support for LabVIEW RT 1.4.1 (older version available on host)
Logos 4.9.1 (older version available on host)

Has somebody an idea?

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,883 Views)
Ok it seems to work now... I have select custom installation in MAX, remote devices, software, add/remove sotfware and check the necessary software that were not yet install.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,875 Views)

HI, Im having similar Problems,

I use Labview 2011 and  SbRIO.

I have selected custom installation in MAX, remote devices, software, add/remove software and check the necessary software that were not yet install.

and It still didnt not work.

I removed It and reinstalled it

and it still did not work.

Then I removed all software from the RT target and reinstalled everything and It is still not working I always get the same Written on my front panel when I use the wizard for a new real time project : The Network Variable Engine and Variable Client support must be installed on the RT Target for this apliccation to function properly.....

What else can I try?

Thanks,

fany

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,068 Views)

This is the Software that I have on my RT Target at the moment. Is it possible that I may ne a newer version of the Variable Client Support or the Network Variable Engine?

I cannot see what is missing at the moment.

regards,

fany

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,067 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. I wanted go through the "Getting Started with the LabVIEW RT module" and when I use wizard for generating new project I get same notification in my VI... 

The Network Variable Engine and Variable Client Support must be installed on the RT target
for this application to function properly. If the Network Variable Engine is not supported on
the target (e.g. FP-2000 with <32MB of RAM), open the project and move the variable library
to My Computer in the project. Doing this will deploy the variables to localhost but
will still require that Variable Client Support be installed on the RT target.

Could someone help please ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,953 Views)

I have reainstalled everything and now it works as it should 😉 !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,947 Views)