LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Runtime Engine

Hi!

I've got following Problem with NILabview, or the NI Runtime Engine 7.1.1.

If I start for example "FilterPro" from Texas Instruments (a program to calculate filters) or "Microsoft Visual Basic" the Runtime Engine from NI wants to be configured or reinstalled or something else, I don't know exactly.
Following dialogues appear.

Then I put disk 2 in and something is installed.
But the next time I start any of the programs mentioned above, the same procedure starts again.

How can I solve this problem?
Please help me.

Your netx1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,539 Views)

Have you tried to download and install the 7.1.1 runtime engine seperately?

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/719/lang/en

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,527 Views)
No, this doesn't work.
I can't even install this version, because I've installed a newer one (I think Runtime Engine version 8....., but I've also installed version 7.1).
The problem must be somewhere else.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,499 Views)
Hi next1

I dont know why Microsoft Visual Basic shoul need the LabVIEW Run Time Engine 7.1.1 but you can deinstall all
LabVIEW Run Time Engines to install first the version 7.1.1 and after that the newer versions.

May be you are not logged in as administrator so the installation is only available for one session.
Check if you are logged in as administartor (this is the prcondition to install the Run Times successfully)

Here you can find all version of the LabVIEW Run Time Engine.

Hope this helps you

Best regards

Lars

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,468 Views)
Have you managed to solve the problem? I have a similar one.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,373 Views)
Sorry, but I've not found a sollution for this annoying error.

Please write, if you manage to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,356 Views)
What I've managed to do for now is to get rid of the run time engine from my system (I had a problem with CVI runtime engine which wouldn't let me start LabVIEW).  I downloaded the installer from NI site, run it, and used the 'remove' option. The annoying windows stopped popping up.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,342 Views)
Hi
I got the same problem and I found what causes the Runtime installation to start.
The answer was found in the Event Viewer.

Detection of product '{53736430-DBEC-4582-B072-2F1F0A2C4EA6}', feature 'DataSocket.LVW71RTE', component '{713943EB-D52A-4905-AAB9-22542176A4B2}' failed.  The resource 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\National Instruments\DataSocket\' does not exist.

I have moved the folder in the start menu. So restore
the folder 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\National Instruments\DataSocket\' (I made an extra copy of the short-cuts) and the problem disappeared.

Why this happens I don't know, but it something that should be fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,044 Views)

Moving back the shortcut structure worked for me too, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,426 Views)

Thanks for the fix for a VERY annoying problem.  Now the bonus: has anybody figured out how to tell the other programs to look for the DataSocket folder somewhere else?  I like to organize my "All Programs" menu into subfolders, given the otherwise ridiculously long list I would have.  So it seems the problem started when I manually moved the "National Instruments" folder into my "All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Programming" folder.  (Since the NI installer doesn't give an option for where to put it during the install.)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,272 Views)