From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PROFINET Connection with LabVIEW

Hello,
I'm trying to connect with Profinet devices using LabVIEW based on library and manual provided by Siemens over here and I have couple questions.
Devices and software that I'm using:

Hardware:
Sentron PAC3200 and IO-Link AL1100

Software:
LabVIEW 2017 - on first computer (lets call it computer A)
TIA Portal V14 - on second computer (computer B).

1. I've unzipped file 99684399_PNIO_BIB_v20.zip and moved content to my LabVIEW folder D:\NI\LabVIEW 2017\user.lib on computer A. Does it really have to be in user.lib? In my version of LabVIEW there is no such folder, only vi.lib. Or it can be in any other folder?
  2. I've skipped setting the IP address of the Ethernet interface of the engineering PC (computer B) because TIA v14 did that for me (IP that TIA Portal set: 192.168.0.254). Is it really necessary for the IP to be 192.168.0.100 as manual says?
  3. I've downloaded attached TIA v14 project to computer B, opened it (GSD files installed automatically so i skipped HSP part) and simply replaced SINAMICS-S120-CU320PN with my PAC3200.
  4. I've compiled Station 1 and moved generated configuration XML file to computer A to \user.lib\PNIO.
  5. I've opened Beispiel_S120_ET200S.vi, manually chose LabVIEW library and dll (because LabVIEW couldn't find it). Typed MAC address of local ethernet connection (I'm connected via switch to PAC3200). And after starting application I've got error 402. Does it mean that LabVIEW also couldn't find XML file? What should I do?
  6. I also don't really know how to edit this program to properly connect with my device not the device from example.

I really appreciate any help.
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,005 Views)

Hi  Anżej

I'm also facing a similar issue, Were you able to find a solution?

Thank you

Naveen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,621 Views)

Hi  Anżej:

I just downloaded two versions of Vi. One start.vi has two inputs  such as mac address and xml file name, the other is like you it only has on input mac address.

I use the former vi to test the funciton. and the system has no error.  but using read or write vi , I could not get data from PLC with no error. and when I run it with monitor function, plc alway stop automatically.  

So I will test it later.

If you want ,you can download the former version lib. below.

uint32_t Start(CStr mac_adress, CStr xml_name);

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(510 Views)

Almost two years later?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(493 Views)