LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with OPC and executable

Hello to everyone.

I have a program which works fine in Labview.

This program comunicates with a PLC via OPC Server.

When I create an executable and install it in another PC, it works but it can not comunicate with OPC Sercer...

In this PC I have installed DSC module and my program...

Should I instal anything special for doing that?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,348 Views)

Do you get any specific errors?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,333 Views)
Did you license the DSC module with either a development or a deployment license? The DSC module requires a deployment license.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210561

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,328 Views)

And where can I download that deployment license?

Have I to install this license in the PC which it will run the executable¿

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,326 Views)

No errors.... it just does not comunicate in a executable but it comunicates in a normal labview program... 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,324 Views)

There is documentation available on the link I posted. The DSC Runtime will include a 2-hour evaluation license - after that you will need to install and activate a deployment license (in the NI License Manager).

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,323 Views)

But I have installed this module in both PCs and it does not work..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,321 Views)

Did you check the license status in NI License Manager? Do you have a green box next to the 'DSC Runtime'?

(I would also imagine that the DSC VIs in your application would also generate an error saying that the toolkit is not licensed - do you have error reporting / handling in your application?)

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,319 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

There is documentation available on the link I posted. The DSC Runtime will include a 2-hour evaluation license - after that you will need to install and activate a deployment license (in the NI License Manager).

Isn't that how the NI OPC Servers license works rather than the DSC Runtime?  I'm pretty sure the DSC Runtime is either licensed or not with no evaluation options.  Additionally, it tends to hide from NI License Manager and handle things in the background from my experience.

Although, if the DSC module is running on the PC and the application works in the development environment, this is a moot discussion as the required DLLs are present and working with the DSC activation.

Does this executable work on the original development machine as an executable?

Message 9 of 11
(3,278 Views)

I do not try that.

Maybe I have to try that and come back here!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,193 Views)