cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Labview communication with Arduino Uno

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've been attempting to run a simple program in labview across my Arduino Uno R3 all morning and keep running into the same issue: No response from my board. I'll catch you up on what I've done so far:

- flashed LIFA Base to my Arduino
- downloaded the up-to-date VISA driver

- wrote a (hopefully) functional block diagram for a led on off function

When I execute the program in labview, the RX light flashes intermittenly, continuing for 30 seconds before stopping. The pin 13 LED doesn't turn off as it should, and I have no control over the LED on/off feature. I've also tried a servo control program with no response and the same RX flash. The TX never flashes.

I am pretty stuck, so any help is greatly appreciated. Also I'm not a comp sci guy, I'm just a mechanical engineer with one semester of C++ so keep it pg when it comes to the computer language.

I've attached a picture of my LED block diagram, see if you can spot an issue.

Thanks in advanced!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,629 Views)

Hi, 

I have had lot of trouble getting Arduino to respond to LabVIEW. You can search for other posts in this regard. 

I suggest writing the code in the native scripting language and using LabVIEW for the UI, sending triggers, and other DAQ I/O

Ajay 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,626 Views)

hello,

try to download the arduino software 1.0.5.then enter the software click on file>open...>hard disk c:(for example)>program files>national instruments>labview>vi.lib>labview interface for arduino>firmware>lifa_base>lifa_base.

then upload the file on your chip , close the software , enter labview and launch your vi it should work.

if you didn't understand you can follow the steps mentioned in a youtube video..enter youtube.com >labview arduino..watch the first video that appears.

Message 3 of 8
(5,607 Views)

@ thespecialone, I have already uploaded the lifa_base sketch onto my arduino, and have even uploaded other sketches that functioned perfectly to the arduino prior to my attempts at labview control. I don't believe the issue is with the flashing aspect of the process I'm fairly confident that was done correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MattWarnock

RESOLVED: Reset Arduino board after labview had sent it's commands (while RX light was still blinking). Works like a charm.

Message 5 of 8
(5,593 Views)

add other useful links, greetings

Getting Started With the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino

http://vishots.com/getting-started-with-the-labview-interface-for-arduino/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,453 Views)

I also had the same problem tried everything with no joy.  So then as a last resort I tried altering the value in my Arduino close loop block.  Please try this. Double click on the Arduino close loop block and this takes you to the control page with the settings on, change the value from 15 bytes per packet to 30 and this works a dream hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,047 Views)

This worked for me! can anyone explain why it only worked with the older version from the video and why it isn't possible with the latest version. If it is possible to use the latest IDE 1.8.19 (as of this post) then please provide instructions thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,218 Views)