From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Executables

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all, I need an help from you....

I'm using LV 2009 SP1 Professional Development Suite on Windows Seven and I have a problem with executables, a problem that I never found with others LV versions (for example 8.x) and I'm a little bit surprised....

In the attachment you can find an example of what I mean.

There are two basic vis, the main one (prova) and a subvi (provasubvi). The main vi launches the subvi and the subvi just create a graph. As you can see the vis run properly, without any kind of problem.

I created also the exe, without specifing any kind of particular option.....and "magically" the application doesn't work as I want. In particular it seems that the subvi runs, but the front panel can't be accessible....

I try also to play around with building options and subvi structure, but nothing change....

Have you never solve something like that?....I would say thank you in advance for any suggestion....

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,644 Views)

That happens becaue you don't handle your errors.

The first property you execute in the SubVI is the 'VI.Run when Openend Property', the runtime engine this is a read only property.

Since this is the first property you execute and you didn't set 'Ignore errors inside node'

The node executes from top to bottom. The Property Node does not execute if an error occurs before it executes, so always check for the possibility of errors. If an error occurs in a property, LabVIEW ignores the remaining properties and returns an error. If you right-click the Property Node and select Ignore Errors Inside Node, LabVIEW executes the remaining properties on the Property Node. Only the first error is returned by the Property Node. The error out cluster contains information about which property caused the error..

Also I don't see why you should use this property. Just set this static on you VI, with the 'Close if originally closed' property.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,629 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrea S.

hi andrea,

By looking at your project i got to know that you didnt include the subvi while building the project.SO i slightly modified.Please find it the attachments.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,628 Views)

Hi srikrishnaNF....

thank you for the observation, I'm still quite surprise about the fact that with previous LV versions I never had this problem....that's strange.

Do you know if it is changed something in the LV management of projects and executables?

Thank you again...

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,619 Views)

Hi ton....

I try also your solution, and it works....

Thank you for the suggestion

andrea

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,586 Views)