LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EPOS library VI during configuration of a Maxon Motor

Hello

I'm trying to control in LabView environment a Maxon motor via the EPOS4 driver, connected to the pc through USB-8502 CAN interface from NI.

Being new to LabView, I wanted to ask you for support about the error occurred.
I tried to use the attached VI for the system configuration described above and an error has occured (number 268435459 "Handle is not valid 0x10000003" ) on the EPOS library blocks (see attachment). Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Configuration VI Block PanelConfiguration VI Block PanelConfiguration VI Front PanelConfiguration VI Front PanelError occurred in "VCS Set Protocol Stack Settings" VIError occurred in "VCS Set Protocol Stack Settings" VI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,355 Views)

Hi Mattia,

I'd like to help you, but I can't even find where to download the EPOS4 driver, so your VI appears broken to me. Could you please give me a link?

Meanwhile, you can take a look at this forum thread.

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,314 Views)

Hi Alessia,
Thanks for your help. I have already seen that forum thread, I have followed the steps suggested in it and the problem is still occurring; In addiction the last message about the problem sent by the claimer states that he hadn't solved the problem yet, even if he followed Bob's instructions. 

The Epos library link is here: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7D860A61EC12469DE04400144F1EF8... 

Best regards,
Mattia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,306 Views)

You could change the "EPOS2" into "EPOS4" in your ui.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,137 Views)

Hello,

I just wanted to add this because I encountered the same problem. After struggling for a day I found out that EPOS studio still had some connection with the controller thus giving an error when Labview was trying to communicate. So my advice for this error, when you are sure deviceName etc. is correct, is to click "disconnect all" in EPOS studio before running your Labview VI.

Kind regards,

Casimir

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(834 Views)