LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Cursor! Cursors in two different signal graph dependant of each other. Help :)

Hello again.

Im working on a project about welding process. Im seriously new in Labview, but im trying to do the programming from scratch. Ive got what i want so far, only this one problem which i need experts out there to help..:)

Attached is the .vi file containing the programming that i've done so far. It looks so simple, hope u can tell me if theres anything that i can do to make my program better.

Anyways, as can be seen in the front panel, i have two graphs. The first graph contains curves Voltage-Current against time.. On the 2nd graph,is where the continuous video of the welding process is shown against time. which means at say Time 0.20sec in the 1st graph which gives me a certain voltage and current, the cursor on the 2nd graph will move to the part of the video at time 0.20sec.

This means 1st graph and 2nd 'graph' is dependant of each other.. How do i do this? How do I set the cursor so that, when i move the cursor on the 1st graph at a certain time, the cursor on the 2nd graph will also move to the same time.

Thanks so much in advanced!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,497 Views)

Asked and answered here. Please don't keep asking the same question in new threads.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,486 Views)

Hello there. No its totally a different question..

The old thread i did, was on how to make TWO cursors in ONE graph to move simultaneously..

What i want now is, to have 2 cursors from DIFFERENT graphs to move dependantly of each other. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,480 Views)

It really does not matter that you have separate graphs. As mentioned in the other thread, you simly create a propert node for eac one. You have done nothing in the example you posted - not an event structure or property node to be found.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,471 Views)

That's the reason why i asked. Im very new in labview and im requested to do a project on this. I dont even know how to create an event structure, to begin with i dont even know what an event structure is. Thats why  i seek help from this forum.

Sorry then if i take too much of ur time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,465 Views)

Okay. An event structure is on the Structures palette. That's assuming that you have more than the base version of LabVIEW. A property node is created by right clicking on an object and selecting Create>Propert Node and browsing to the property node. You can add more properties after and also make a property read or write. Get used to right clicking on objects.

A place to start learning LabVIEW is here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,461 Views)

Hmm, I also advised some LabVIEW training in the other thread. How does it come?

@apapa:

It's not nice to double-post! Why should I invest my precious time, when you don't honor my work?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,455 Views)

Hi, this is also a good site that i particularly liked.

http://cnx.org/content/m12192/latest/

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,446 Views)