LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem whit opening Vision Express Examples

Hi friends ...
I have a problem. I can't open Vision examples that created using "Vision Acquisition Software Express VI" .
Examples such as : Barcode Example (Express) - Battry Clamp Inspection Example (Express) - OCR Example (Express) and all Examples that have "(Express)" term in their names or created using "Vision Acquisition Software Express VI" .
In order to open this examples, LabVIEW searchs "vi.lib" path in my computer for some VIs : 
Vision Acquisition CalculateFPS.vi
Vision Acquisition Express Get File Paths.vi

and can not find them. VDM 2009 has installed correctly. (as free)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,027 Views)
Can you explain it a bit more clearly? Are you getting any error message when you are trying to open them? VDM i am afraid is not free. are you facing the problem with the expiry of the eval?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,021 Views)
No. I don't get any error message. It's clear.LabVIEW searchs for some main VIs for loading and excuting "Express based" examples and can't find them in VI library path <vi.lib>. In other word some VIs (that LabVIEW needs them) are not exist in my computer!! . I'm using 30 days license for VDM 2009 (17 days remaining). All Example will be run. Just examples based on Vision Assistant can't be run in my computer. For begin please upload three below VIs :
1) Vision Acquisition CalculateFPS.vi
2) Vision Acquisition Express Get File Paths.vi
3) Configure Vision Acquisition.vi

Is "Vision Acquisition Software" required ??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,013 Views)
Is Vision Acquisition Software require to open express based example ??
please help.
Yes or NO ?

Another question:
What is the best and simplest method for acquiring images from an ordinary Webcam ? (without ActiveX methods)
It seems that "Vision Acqusition Software" do this. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,978 Views)
Are you able to generate labVIEW codedirectly from vision assistant? the "Configure Vision Acquisition.vi" can also bethe name of a subvi which you have not included?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,950 Views)

Have you seen the following link? http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/392E8F10F049918986256A3B005D484A?OpenDocument

It shows that the Vision Acquisition Software is required for the Vision Acquisition Express VI. 

Also, when I look at the block diagram of the Express examples you mention they don't include any of the VI's you mention.  Can you perhaps provide some screenshots that may show exactly what you are experiencing?

After a quick search I found a CalculateFPS.vi in the following location, but again it's not used in any of the Express VI examples you mention.

National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\examples\IMAQ\IMAQdx Examples.lib

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
Message 6 of 10
(4,936 Views)
Hi my friends
Thanks for your answers. My problem was solved. I got Vision Acquisition Software and install it. everything is OK !!
To Tejinder G. : It seems Vision Acquisition Express VI using CalculateFPS.vi and other VIs internally.
Now there is another problem !
I want to use a simple USB Webcam for acquiring images without using Vision Acquisition Express VI (because it is too slow for acquiring an image).
So I install "NI-IMAQ for USB" from this link: "ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/epd/ni_imaq_usb_installer_86.exe" but the "NI-IMAQ for USB" directory, under the program files\National Instruments, contains only the manual pdf, and nothing else.

Anyone, could work with NI-IMAQ for USB ?
What is the Fastest, Easy and best method for acquiring an image from a USB Webcam ?!

I have LabVIEW 2009. VDM 2009 for eval and Vision Acquisition Software for eval too.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,905 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,903 Views)

Dear Mostafi

Can u please tell me from where u have got the vision acquisition software,since i am also facing the same issue and i am nt able to find the evulation version of the software.

#urgent requirement.

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,744 Views)

Labakash, 

Please go to this link in order to download the Vision Acquisition Software. If you have not paid for a license, then the download will automatically act as an evaluation license only. 

Also, for the purpose of providing information to customers who visit this old thread, IMAQ For USB is entirely an unsupported software. It was used years ago to allow for connections to USB cameras, but has now been replaced by the IMAQdx driver. Which is bundled in the Vision Acquisition Software and requires a license in order to activate it and use it. 

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,713 Views)