cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when using the Myrio onboard LED

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

i have some questions about my Project, which i already posted on this Forum. I am using the MyRIO 1900 and Basler camera to compare two Images and Highlight the differences. I have a vi which is working. but i have some question:

1) I am trying to use the onboard LED of the Myrio device to registrate any difference between the two Pictures. it doesn't go on. even when i write a constant (0 or 1) on on of the on board LED it doesn't work. I don't know what i am doing wrong?

2) secondly, i will like to save the compared Images and the result of the comparison on the Myrio (only when there is a difference). but i think saving too many Pictures on the device will take too much space. so is it better and posible to use the Report Generation and write this Pictures in word before saving them? that means if there is a difference between both Images, i will like to Report the result of the comparison in a Excel or word with 3 Images ( I_t1, I_t2 and the result of the comparison).

you can get a look on my actual vi

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,947 Views)

moidrissou wrote:

2) secondly, i will like to save the compared Images and the result of the comparison on the Myrio (only when there is a difference). but i think saving too many Pictures on the device will take too much space. so is it better and posible to use the Report Generation and write this Pictures in word before saving them? that means if there is a difference between both Images, i will like to Report the result of the comparison in a Excel or word with 3 Images ( I_t1, I_t2 and the result of the comparison).

You cannot use the RGT on your MyRIO to create Excel or Word files. RGT creates MS Office files via ActiveX (ie Excel/Word has to be installed on the system where you use the RGT). And it is quite difficult to install Excel and/or Word on an Linux-based real-time OS.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,935 Views)

Are you developing this as a "Host/Remote" Project (where some code runs on the PC, and "talks to" code running deployed on the myRIO), or stand-alone on the myRIO?  [If you had compressed the LabVIEW Project and attached the ZIP file for the entire Project, we could "see for ourselves" ...].  I know you said you've discussed this project on the Forum, so if you've already posted the code, you could provide a link to your earlier Post, instead.

I'm assuming (?) that the Camera is attached to the myRIO.  If you want to store images, that is best done on the Host, which should have plenty of disk space, not on the myRIO (which, as you note, has limited "storage").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,933 Views)

Hey. thank you for your replies.

I am developing it as a stand-alone Project. the Project is runing on MyRIO. the vi i posted is the only one i am using for this Project.

I am working on the MyRIO, which is connected to the camera. If it is possible i will store the Pictures to my Host. but developing the Project on the MyRIO makes it dificult.

best regard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,926 Views)

Hey Jens,

is there no other possibility to store the Pictures pairwise to MyRIO?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,920 Views)
You could install a usb flash drive and save your pictures there.

Regards, Jens
Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,907 Views)

ok. thank for your help. I muss probably use this way.  Does anyone knows  why i can't write a value on the onboard LED of MyRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,901 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author moidrissou

I recall (from several years ago) that one of the first Example Programs I tried with myRIO involved turning the LEDs on and off.  The Demo worked (as I remember), so you should be able to find this Demo, run it, then study the code.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,888 Views)

Hey,

i have another Problem when i am Saving my Images. when there is a difference between compared Images from camera, i overlay the parts of the last Image, which have changed. Now when i displayed this overlayed Image on Image Panel, it is correct. But when I save it on MyRIO, the Image is whithout overlays. I don't know if it is because of the Image Types. I am saving as PNG. I attached my vi below.

Thank for helping me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,881 Views)